Are You Being Stalked?
|There are several signs that are good indicators of
stalking behavior. It is also important to consider the intensity of such behaviors.
1. Persistent phone calls despite being told not to contact in any form.
2. Waiting at workplace or in neighborhood.
4. Manipulative behavior (for example: threatening to commit suicide in order to get a response to such an "emergency" in the form of contact).
5. Sending written messages: letters, emails, graffiti...
7. Defamation: The stalker often lies to others about the victim (claims of infidelity, for example).
8. "Objectification": The stalker derogates the victim, reducing him/her to an object -- this allows the stalker the ability to feel angry with the victim without experiencing empathy (Meloy and Gothard, 1995).
Home Page Top